Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Apricot Tree Miracle


This is the true story about my apricot tree, It's the 2nd time
around ...as the 1st story disappeared into cyber space...somewhere.
Once upon a time I bought a bag of apricots,and had myself an apricot feast (notice how you can never stop at just one apricot)and when I'd finished with these delicious delights,I planted one of the seeds.I love to save fruit seeds, It's one of my passions or some might say one of my eccentricities.
The seed was from a local fruiter, a common apricot variety,probably grown in someones orchard, or backyard, as the fruit was very very small, unlike the gigantic,genetically altered ones you get these days.Anyway

I put the seed in a pot,nurtured it, talked to it, and it grew into a beautiful..albeit, very small apricot tree.After 15 years or so, it developed small green apricots that would never mature and always fell to the ground , leaving me somewhat, bewildered & saddened, that after all that time my tree still hadn't given me any apricots.My father remarked that my
tree would "never fruit" that it was cruel to grow plants in pots,as they had no chance to search for nutrients and became pot-bound etc. My father grows beautiful fruit trees and is an avid gardener and plant lover,however my reply to him was that

I actually thought potted plants received more attention, more water, more love
as I always headed for the potted plants first, before watering the rest of the garden.

Also I often had visions/dreams of running away from the "burbs", and my family... carrying my potted fruit trees, down the road to someplace else!(back to the story)
By this stage, my little tree was looking remarkably like a Japanese Bonsai
with its rough,dark brown, curled and knotted branches, it's tiny , perfect white blossoms - sometimes I noticed these flowers coming on in the late winter ...I couldn't help but marvel at this most delicate and amazing thing. After some time had passed, I started to feel sorry for this strange specimen of plant life ,and with great ceremony...I planted it under the shade of a t-tree,I gave it a silent blessing and ample water...maybe my father was right ..this time.

In 2001...not long before my Wonderful Mother left this earth plane ,for somewhere else...My Apricot tree Fruited.. How amazing it was to see the once green pea sized buds..turn into real apricots and to be able to take my beautiful mother 6
of these 12 perfectly formed...small, & sweet apricots. I regarded this as a "Miracle"
and it honestly felt as if God himself had just waved his hand and ordered this tree
to do something!.Strangely enough the tree has never fruited again, It's been 4 years now.If you looked at this tree ,no more than 4ft high..you would say..there's no chance that the tree could fruit...But it did, and I know it will again. MAY THE POWER ALSO BE WITH YOU. THANKING JEFF AT "FEEBLE MINDS"WEB SITE FOR THE FREE TREE GIF

No comments: