Wednesday, May 31, 2006

This is called WILD GARDEN ..It's a huge approx 6ftx4ft painting
It now belongs to one of my beautiful sisters.






I did this for our youngest sisters birthday when she turned 39 I think ? ...It's a funny,simple little painting that is meant to be showing us..the 5 sisters as slightly weird and odd.. which we are,.Don't get me wrong,my sisters are all very intelligent women,but there is definitely another slant to the faces that they show the world... Yes they all have a bit of a bent sense of humor...especially after a few wines. I love it and so did she, It's a little like a cartoon. We have a brother also,"Pete the Fireman" and It's not that I wanted to leave him out,It's just that this painting was done, just for women/girls and I guess in honor of the female principle. There we all are picking or just finished picking the fruit from the trees...a great harvest, and picking fresh fruit is always something our family enjoys doing...no matter whose garden. I was told that I got into trouble as a child for stealing the neighbours Cashew fruits? I remember picking fruit many many times
and what a great feeling it was(still is). Thank god our father continues to grow some delicious things in his back yard ...we would certainly be missing something without Fathers trees. I'm the lazy one in the pic..on the ground having my usual cat nap!but no-one got to see how hard I really worked in that orchard... Oh!... and I almost forgot...the shooting star near the moon in the background, is a symbolic representation of our Wonderful,Colourful Mother...who was often...in life.. "quicker" and "brighter" than any lights that we have witnessed in this worlds skies.

No comments: